和Spock一起学习英语啦!《星际迷航11》学习笔记
1.That Starfleet advises your ship to proceed with caution.
星际舰队建议你的星舰谨慎行事
解析:
Proceed with:继续进行;进行,着手;处理
Proceed with caution:慎重行事;小心行事;
Proceed with extreme caution:临深履薄;格外谨慎
例:
Please proceed with the next steps. 请继续进行下一步。
You know the importance of the files, proceed with extreme caution. 一定要格外谨慎,你知道文件的重要性。
2.Torpedo locked on us at 320 degrees, mark 2. -Arm weapons!
鱼雷在320度锁定了我们, 标签2 -武器准备!
解析:
Lock on:用雷达自动跟踪;锁住
例:
Radar will lock on the location of warship. 雷达将自动跟踪并锁定战舰的位置。
Your analysis doesn’t lock on increasing profits.你的分析没有锁定在提高利润上。
3.The shuttles will never make it if I don't fight them off.
如果我不击退他们 我们谁都走不了
解析:
(1)make it:达到;成功;赶上;办成
例:
I can make it, it is too difficult. 我办不到,这太难了。
Market is not very good recently, I hope we can make it.最近行情不太好,希望我们能达标。
(2)Fight off:击退;排斥;竭力避免
例:
The army succeeded fighting off the enemy. 军队成功地击退了敌人。
The country fights off the culture from others. 这个国家排斥外来文化。
英语外教一对一课程免费体验:http://www.acadsoc.com.cn/lps/common/lp-tutor.htm?search=350982
4.Hey, are you out of your mind? That car is an antique.
你以为你母亲离开星球了 你就可以开着这个离开了么?
解析:
Out of mind:心不在焉;忘却;发狂;被忘记
例:
Displeasure was out of mind very soon for children.对于孩子们来说,那些不快很容易被遗忘。
Are you out of mind? He will kill you if he knows what you did! 你疯了吗?如果让他知道你的所作所为,他会杀了你的!
5.I was tracking solar systems and I picked up an emergency transmission.我那时正在追踪恒星系,结果却收到一个紧急信号。
解析:
Pick up:捡起;获得;收拾;不费力地学会
例:
Pick up the pencil please, I can’t touch it. 请捡起那只铅笔,我够不着。
I’ll pick you up at 9 am. 我九点过来接你。
I picked up Japanese when I visited my friend In Japan.我是在拜访我的日本朋友的时候学的日语。
6.Cadet Kirk, evidence has been submitted to this council
柯克学员,委员会收到投诉 。
解析:
Be submitted to:被提交给…;服从…
例:
All illegal behavior should be submitted to public trial.一切违法行为都应被审判。
“I won’t be submitted to forces, never!” She said. 我不会向权势屈服的,绝不!她说。
最新评论: