在线欧美外教一对一课程免费体验:http://www.acadsoc.com.cn/lps/common/lp-tutor.htm?search=350982
1.-I don’t know what he’s doing, and for some reason, I’m helping him.
我连他想干嘛都不知道居然就在帮他。
-As long as he’s where he should be when the song ends.
歌曲结束他能到位就行。
解析:
For some reason:出于某种原因;由于某个理由
例:
For some reason, we won’t go out tomorrow。
由于一些原因,我们明天不出去了。
The department planed to have dinner together. For some reason, that is canceled.
部门本打算聚餐,但是由于一些原因,被取消了。
They often argued for some strange reason.
他们进场为一些奇怪的理由争吵。
2. –I don’t mean to bring up the elephant in the room, but what’s with the big, hairy Russian?
其实我不想多嘴,可这个毛茸茸的俄罗斯人是干嘛的?
解析:
(1)Mean to do:打算做,有意做
I don’t mean to go with you.
我不打算和你一起去。
Sorry, I never mean to accept your advice.
抱歉,我从没打算过要接受你的建议。
(2)bring up:提出;教育;养育;呕吐
Questions you brought up will be solved.
你提出的问题将会被解决掉。
Bringing him up is not easy for this poor family.
对于这个穷困的家庭来说,把他养大不是件容易的事儿。
Don’t bring up the matter to anyone.
不要向任何人提及此事。
3. –Hey, you all right, buddy?
没事儿吧老兄
-Hanawy dropped the mark and grabbed his bag.
哈纳韦弄晕了马克,拿走了包。
-Sit down. Catch your breath.
歇一会儿,喘口气
解析:
Catch one’s breath:透一口气;屏息
Take a deep breath:深呼吸
例:
Catch your breath. It’s time to witness the miracle.
屏住呼吸,见证奇迹的时刻到了。
When he saw her, he can’t help catching his breath.
当他看见她的时候,总是忍不住屏住呼吸。
Take a breath before you give the speech, and you will feel better.
演讲之前深呼吸一下,感觉会好点。
Take a deep breath. Just relax.
深呼吸。放轻松点。
4. –I don’t give a damn about his health. I have questions that need answering.
他的健康关我屁事,我要带他回去问话。
解析:
Give a damn:介意,关心,视为重要
例:
I don’t give a damn about anything you might do!
我不买你的账!
You don’t give a damn about who will win or lose.
谁输谁赢关你什么事。
Their attitude shows that they don’t give a damn about that matter.
他们的态度表明,他们一点儿都不关心此事
5. –You have to alert the Kremlin that one of their strategists has a nuclear launch device and one of his operatives has the codes to activate it.
你得警告克林姆宫,科伯特手上有核弹发射装置,他的手下已经拿到了启动密码。
-And what makes you say that?
你凭什么这样说?
-I saw him leaving the executive armory, bag in hand. He set off that explosion to cover his tracks.
我看见他从军械库里出来,手里拿了个包。他为了掩盖行迹,引发了爆炸。
解析:
Set off:出发,动身,使爆炸,抵消,分开
例:
The army set off in the direction of the enemy in the early morning.
军队一大早就往敌军所在方向出发。
He set off on this work in 2010.
他在2010年才开始做这个工作。
The madman set the bomb off in the central of the city.
那个疯子在市中心引爆了炸弹。
6. –I don’t care what you have to do to get him to Dubai.
我不管你用什么样的方法,把他弄到迪拜。
-i will make it worth his while.
我会让他不虚此行。
解析:
make it worth one’s while:酬谢某人
例:
You should write something meaningful, and make it worth our while to read.
你应该写点有意义的东西,不要让我们白费时间。
The travel will make it worth your while.
这次旅行会让你觉得不虚此行。
最新评论: