价值300元外教英语课程领取:http://www.acadsoc.com.cn/lps/common/lp-tutor.htm?search=350982
1. -I expect all of you to pull your shit together.
我希望你们都能振作起来。
-I wish you’d stop ragging on everyone.
你也别向每个人发火。
解析:
(1)pull your shit together:振作起来(不太文明的说法)
Pull/get yourself together振作起来,也可以表达为;pull your socks up
例:
Pull yourself together. You can’t give up.
振作起来,你不能就此放弃。
Everyone here expected you to pull yourself together and do research from the very beginning.
每个人都希望你能振作起来,从头开始研究。
(2)rag on:责怪,责骂
例:
Could you stop ragging on him?
你能不能别再骂他了?
You never reflect on yourself but rag on others all the time.
你从来都不反思自己,只是一味地责骂别人。
2. –Which way is the front? Hmm. All around us, kid, ‘cause this is Germany. We are surrounded by Krauts.
哪个方向是前线?呃,到处都是前线,小子,被德国佬包围了。
解析:
Be surrounded by:被环绕,被包围
例:
It is really a good place, surrounded by mountains and easy to keep but difficult to attack.
这真是个好地方,四面环山,易守难攻。
The lake is surrounded by bamboo, quiet and elegant.
湖被翠竹环绕,清幽又雅致。
They were surrounded by many strangers after waking up.
醒来后,他们被许多陌生人包围。
3. –It’s hard to believe we’re winning the war.
很难相信我们正在赢得这场战争。
-Stop talking about yesterday’s fight. Think about today’s. Straighten out!
别老想打过的仗了,我们还有仗要打,直着走!
解析:
Straighten out:清理,使成直线,澄清,改正
例:
Our leader orders us get the steel cable straighten out.
领导命令我们把钢缆拉直。
Straightening out the rumor is not that easy.
澄清谣言不是那么容易的。
Straighten her out, so that she can understand my purpose better.
给她解释清楚,这样她能更好地理解我的用意。
4. –We’ve been talking about the same dumb shit for three years. You know how I stand on it. You’re trying to file me up now.
过去三年里,我们聊这些玩意聊的够多了。你知道我的立场,你想激怒我。
解析:
Stand on:坚持,依靠,位于,拘泥于,持续向同一方向航行。
例:
Don’t stand on denotation. Use your full imagination.
不要拘泥于字面意思,发挥你的想象力。
The lake stands on the top of the hill.
那个湖泊在山顶上。
She finished the work by standing on herself.
她靠着自己完成了这项这个作品。
5. –Come again, sergeant?
你什么意思,中士?
-Rubbing out those Heinies. You splashed them real good.
我是说杀那些纳粹,你刚才干得很不错。
解析:
Rub out:擦掉,擦去;干掉,杀掉
例:
The dirty marks can’t be rubbed out.
污迹怎么也擦不掉。
Anyone who stands in our way will get rubbed out.
任何人阻挡我们的道路,我们就干掉他。
Rub out him or be rubbed out.
干掉他,要么被他干掉。
6. –We hit the beach tight after D-Day.
我们在诺曼底登陆日之后就到达了海滩。
-We finally hit open country, and we linked up British and the Canadians and you know what we did?
当我们终于敲开了国门之后,联系上了英国,加拿大的部队,你知道我们干什么了吗?
解析:
Hit:到达,达到;打,打击
例:
We will hit there at 5 pm.
我们将在下午五点到那儿。
As soon as the army hit the small town, people welcome them warmly.
军队一到达小村庄,人们就热情地欢迎他们。
She hit me on the nose.
她打了我的鼻子。
7. –We’re going to skin you alive!
我要活剥了你的皮!
-Shut up and send me more pigs to kill!
闭上你的臭嘴,再送些纳粹猪来受死吧!
解析:
Skin sb alive:严厉斥责,痛骂
I’m going to skin you alive:活剥了你的皮
例:
He often said to her when she angered him, “I’m going to skin you alive!”
每当她惹怒了他,他就会说,我扒了你的皮。
最新评论: