“谈恋爱”英语怎么说

2014-08-30 15:35阿卡索英语

“谈恋爱、约会”英语怎么说,来看看吧!

 

1. date:(美式英语)to be having a relationship with someone, especially a relationship that is not very serious yet男女之间的约会,尤其指还没确定关系的情况。

例:

How long have Paul and Sue been dating? (保罗和苏处了多久了?)

I thought we were just friends, but when I started dating other men, he suddenly got really jealous.(我以为我们只是朋友,但我一开始跟其他人约会,他就醋意大发。)

 

2. be seeing: to have a romantic or sexual relationship with someone, especially a relationship that is not very serious and does not last very long 两人之间发展亲密关系,但双方不打算认真对待也不会长久维持的关系,一般都叫做''be seeing somebody''

例:

Do you know if she's seeing anyone at the moment? (你知道她现在有跟谁在交往吗?)

A couple of years after they got married, he started seeing other women.(婚后几年,他就开始有外遇了。)

 

3. have a relationship: to have a romantic or sexual relationship with someone, especially one that continues for a long time 谈恋爱,尤指持续时间较长的

例:

I have had several relationships before, but this is special.(我谈过几次恋爱,但这次感觉不一样。)

They'd been having a relationship for over a year when Julie found out she was pregnant.(朱莉发现自己怀孕了,此时他俩已经在一起一年多了。)

 

4. go out with: to have someone as your girlfriend or boyfriend“作为男女朋友”式的谈恋爱

例:

How long have you been going out with Mindy? (你和Mindy恋爱多久了?)

Is she still going out with that guy who works at the gas station? (她还跟加油站那小子谈恋爱吗?)

Mark and I have been going out together for four years.(我和马克谈了4年恋爱了。)

 

5. have an affair: to have a secret sexual relationship with someone who is not your husband or wife搞地下情,外遇

例:

He had an affair with his boss that lasted six years.(他和上司搞了6年的地下情。)

I'd kill my husband if I found out he'd been having an affair.(如果发现我老公有外遇,我会杀了他。)

 

6. be involved with: to be having a serious relationship with someone, especially someone who is not suitable for you和某人在一起(尤指这个人道德上或年龄上并不适合你)

例:

She's involved with a much older man.(她跟一个年龄比她大很多的人在一起。)

The school has strict rules against teachers becoming involved with students.(学校有严格规定,不准学生和老师有感情瓜葛。)

Brad doesn't want to get involved with anyone right now. He's still upset about Lily.(布拉德现在不想跟任何人认真恋爱,对莉莉的事他还耿耿于怀。)

I mean, this is twisted! How could you get involved with a woman like this? (我觉得,这太变态了!你怎么能跟这种女人交往?)

 

看美剧《老友记》S01E23中的对话:

情境:Franzblau医生问Rachel:现在有交往对象吗?言外之意,如果没有,我们俩约会看看。他用哪个词?

Dr. Franzblau: So, uh, tell me, are you currently involved with anyone?

解析:

前面介绍了6中“谈恋爱”的说法,有的是指刚开始见面约会(date, be seeing)、有的是指稳定的关系(have a relationship, go out with)、有的是指外遇(have an affair),这几种都不适合“搭讪”,所以医生果断地用了''be involved with''

相关推荐