1. Behind every successful man, there is a woman. And behind every unsuccessful man, there are two.
每个成功男人的背后,都有一个女人。每个不成功男人的背后,都有两个女人。
解析:
Behind:落后于,支持,晚于
例:
The weak boy fell behind the team, and stopped to catch the breath.
这个瘦弱的男孩很快就掉队了,然后停下来大口喘气。
The rapid development of technology means that I am now far behind. Maybe it’s time to get training class.
科技的迅速发展意味着我现在已经远远落后了,也许是时候接受训练课程了。
I had to put the unpleasant mood behind my mind and talked about the plan with him.
我必须将所有的不快都抛到脑后,和他讨论这项计划。
在线外教一对一英语口语课程免费体验:http://www.acadsoc.com.cn/lps/lp-cet/cet_pc.htm?search=350982
2. Every man should marry. After all, happiness is not the only thing in life.
在快乐的单身汉迟早也会结婚,幸福不是永久的嘛。
解析:
After all:毕竟,终究
例:
“I was reluctant to hurt her. After all, she was my wife.” The man said.
“我本不愿意伤害她,毕竟,她曾是我的妻子。”那个男人说。
After all, I came up with the idea, and I should be one of the authors of this paper.
毕竟,我提出了这个观点,我应该是这篇论文的作者之一。
After all, we are family. We can sit down and talk about it.
毕竟我们是家人,可以坐下来好好谈谈。
It is not my fault, after all, don’t you think it is cruel to me?
终究不是我的错,你不觉得这对我很残忍吗?
After all, we are human. We all had feelings and thoughts.
我们终究是凡人。我们有感情,有思想。
After all, when I choose the way of my life, I lose the chance of another.
毕竟,当我选择我人生的一个方向时,我会失去其他的机遇。
3. Never put off the work till tomorrow what you can put off today.
不要等明天交不上差再找借口,今天就要找好。
解析:
Put off:推迟,扔掉,阻止
例:
My friends are on the way here, so it is too late to put off the supper now.
我的朋友都在路上了,现在推迟已经来不及了。
He came in and put off the coat.
他进来然后脱掉了外套。
Don’t put me off when I’m trying to concentrate.
我正在集中精力的时候,别打扰我。
Could you put off the light. It is too late now.
你能把灯关掉吗?现在已经很晚了。
4. “Your future depends on your dream.” So go to sleep.
“现在的梦想决定着你的将来”,所以还是再睡一会儿吧。
解析:
Depend on:取决于,依赖,依靠
例:
The problems won’t be solved if we only depend on the technology at present.
如果我们仅仅依靠目前的科技,是解决不了问题的。
People here depend on hunting for a living.
这里的人们依靠打猎为生。
Keeping fit depends on good food, fresh air and enough sleep.
保持健康依靠的是有营养的食物,新鲜的空气和充足的睡眠。
Going out or not depends on the weather.
出去不去取决于天气。
Your promotion depends on your ability.
你的升职取决于你的能力。
5. There should be a better way to start a day than waking up every morning.
应该有更好的方式开始新一天,而不是千篇一律的在每个上午醒来。
解析:
There is a way:有一种方法/方式
例:
Where there is a will, there is a way.
有志者,事竟成。
Actually, there is a way to improve the work efficiency. But you need invest some costs first.
确实有一种方法能提高工作效率,但是你必须先投入一些成本。
There is no way to change his mind.
没有办法让他或心转意。
6. “Hard work never killed anybody. But why take the risk?”
努力工作不会导致死亡!不过我不会用自己去证明。
解析:
Take a risk:承担风险,冒险,碰运气
例:
He took a risk investing all his money in stocks.
他冒险把多有的钱都放在炒股上。
I never take a risk, especially doing what threatens my life.
我从不冒险,尤其是做那些可能威胁到我生命的事情。
Why do you take a risk with your own money if you know the government will step in and use the taxpayers?
如果你直到政府干预并利用纳税人,为什么你要拿你的钱去冒险呢?
Holding the thought taking the risk is not wise as you used to do.
抱着碰运气的想法可不像聪明的你以往的做法。