拒绝用英语怎么说?水火不容用英语怎么说?

2018-06-05 17:16阿卡索英语

英语外教一对一课程免费体验:http://www.acadsoc.com.cn/lps/lp-tutor/mix-tutor.htm?search=350982

1. Refuse:拒绝,不愿

Reject:拒绝,排斥,抵制

例:

I can’t refuse to work for him. I have no choice.

我不能拒绝为他工作。我别无选择。

The author refused to make any comments in the meeting.

这个作家拒绝在会议上发表任何意见。

No matter who want help him, he rejects all the time.

不管是谁想帮助他,他一直拒绝。

My boss rejected my proposal of suggestion decisively.

我的老板直接地拒绝了我的建议。

Refuse语气较重,指态度坚决,肯定无疑的拒绝;reject是指由于某物某事或某行为不能让人满意而被当面直截了当地拒绝。

2. Repulse:断然拒绝,(以无礼等)排斥

Repel:拒绝,排斥

例:

The young lady repulsed his proposal.

这个年轻的女子断然地拒绝了他的求婚。

She never wants to accept his gift, so she repulsed his invitation.

她从没想要收他的礼物,所以拒绝了他的邀请。

It is not necessary for you to repel all my offers of help.

你没有必要拒绝我所有的帮助。

Fire and water repel each other.

水火不相容。

3. Decline:婉拒,谢绝

例:

Why did you decline her invitation.

你为什么婉拒了他的邀请?

I was going to invite her, but she declined.

我本打算邀请她,但是她拒绝了。

4. Pass up:拒绝

Turn down:拒绝

例:

I can’t imagine that you passed up an offer like that.

真想不到你竟然放弃这么好的条件。

The black woman was turned down for this job.

这个黑人妇女想要做这个工作但被拒绝了。

The committee turned down their impractical advice.

委员会驳回了他们不切实际的提议。


5. A flat refusal:断然拒绝

例:

My request was met with a flat refusal.

我的提议遭到断然拒绝。

He gave us a flat refusal without hesitation.

他毫不犹豫地拒绝了我们。

相关推荐

职场英语培训哪的好,有哪些选择方式

职场英语培训班哪家好,有哪些好的选择方式

职场英语口语:分享一些平时工作中常用的英......

职场英语零基础怎么学?其实职场英语学习并......