价值300元外教英语课程领取:http://www.acadsoc.com.cn/lps/lp-tutor/mix-tutor.htm?search=350982
跟大白一起学英语啦!
1. Teach him a lesson! Hey fellas. Let’s talk about this.
给他点颜色看看!伙计们,有话好好说
解析:
Teach sb a lesson:给……一个教训;教训某人,也作give a lesson
例:
I just want to give him a lesson and frighten him.
我只是想给他一个教训,吓唬吓唬他。
You won’t know who you are if I don’t give you a lesson.
如果我不教训你一下,你就不知道你是谁。
2. -I had to close up early because of you two felons on beat poetry night. Stress eating because of you!
因为你们俩,我不得不在节拍诗之夜早早收工。因为你们我都暴饮暴食了
-this is really good!
真的好好吃啊!
- You’d better make this up to Aunt Cass, before she eats everything in the café.
你最好在卡斯阿姨吃光餐厅里的所有事物之前想办法弥补她。
解析:
(1)Close up:关闭;愈合;靠近
例:
The shopkeeper had to close up late because the drunk man.
因为这个醉汉,店主不得不很晚才关门。
The store closed up for the moment to cooperate with the inspection.
为了配合检查,商店暂时歇业。
(2)make up to:接近;奉承;补足
例:
It is useless to make up to him. He won’t help you.
你奉承他是没用的,他不会帮你的。
The new medicine can make up to 60 percent of users addicted.
新药物使近60%的使用者上瘾。
He wants to make up to his daughter for the absence of father’s love for such a long time.
他想弥补自己的女儿这么久以来缺失的父爱。
3.-I have to go here! If I don’t go to this nerd school, I’m gonna lose my mind.
如果我不来这所极客大学,我会发狂的。
解析:
Lose one’s mind:精神错乱;发疯;不能自制;
例:
He must lose his mind. Otherwise, he didn’t do that.
他一定是疯了,要不然不会这么做。
You won’t succeed if you always lose your mind to game.
如果你一直不加节制地玩游戏,你将不可能成功的。
备注:nerd书呆子;讨厌的人
4. –it blows my mind, dude!
太让我震惊了老弟!
解析:
Blow one’s mind:令人感到极度兴奋;令人昏头;令人十分震惊;神志不清
例:
Keep awake. Don’t let success blow your mind.
保持清醒,别被胜利冲昏了头脑。
I have to admit that I blow my mind by the explosive news.
我不得不承认,这个爆炸性的消息太让我震惊了。
5. –Mrs. Matsuda’s in the café. She’s wearing something super inappropriate for an 80 year old. It always cracks me up.
松田夫人来餐厅了,穿的衣服一点也不适合她八十岁的年纪,每次都能让我捧腹大笑。
解析:
You crack me up你真搞笑
That crack me up 笑死我了
6.-Did you file the report when your flying robots were stolen?
你的飞行机器人被偷你报警了吗?
解析:
File the report:归档;立案;
例:
Finding the suspect, they file a report at the police station immediately.
发现嫌疑人,他们立刻报了警。
The case ends and it’s time to file the report about it.
案子结了,是时候把相关材料归档了。