《生活大爆炸》S05E06学习笔记(9)

2018-06-05 18:39阿卡索英语

价值300元外教英语课程领取:http://www.acadsoc.com.cn/lps/lp4.htm?search=350982

1.Mrs. Cooper: so, Shelly, what’s up with you and your friend Amy, if you don’t mind a mother prying a bit?

好了,Shelly,如果你不介意妈妈窥探一下的话,你和你的朋友Amy之间有什么新鲜事儿吗?

Sheldon: well, there’s actually big news on the Amy front. She’s been studying the neurobiology of addition in lower animals. She’s this close to getting a starfish hooked on cocaine.

呃,在Amy事件上有着重大进展。她正在研究深井生物学在低级动物身上的成瘾性。她差一点就能培育出一只可卡因成瘾的海星了。

解析:

1Pry: 撬开;撬动;探查

Pry into:窥探;打听

Pry bar:撬杆;杠杆

例:

What did you pry on earth.

你到底窥探到了什么?

I won’t let you spy into my affairs, never.

我不会让你窥探到我的私事,绝不。

He pried the door open, but found nothing.

他把门撬开,什么也没发现。

2Hook on:挽住手臂;迷上,着迷(常用语被动语态)

Get something hooked on:使…对…上瘾着迷

例:

Language does not hook on to the real world.

语言和真实的世界并不是完全勾连的。

She got the monkey hooked on to smoking.

她让一只猴子对抽烟上了瘾。

备注:on the front:在…的前面;on the someone front:在…方面

2. Mrs. Cooper: long story short, today that woman travels the world with a semi-professional basketball player and two beautiful mixed-race babies.

长话短说,现在那姑娘跟着准职业篮球队员到处旅行,还生了俩混血宝宝。

解析:

Long story short: 长话短说

例:

Long story short, he will leave off tomorrow.

长话短说吧,他明天将会离开。

We don’t have enough time, so please make a long story short.

我们没有足够的时间,请长话短说吧。


3. SheldonAnd the best is at the Q and A afterward, I’ve worked up a couple of “Q’s” that will stump his sorry ‘A.’

最妙之处是在之后的提问回答环节,我想了好几个问题会让他为难的要说“对不起”。

解析:

Work up: 逐步建立;逐步发展;激发;整理

例:

She worked herself up into a bit of a state.

她把自己搞得有点动肝火。

You will be more excellent if you work up the energy.

如果你能激发自己的能,你会更出色。


4. Sheldon: we appear to be at a crossroads in our relationship, mother.

我们的关系似乎走到了十字路口。

解析:

Appear to:似乎;好像

例:

It appears to be your fault.

看起来像是你的错。

There appear to be plenty of others like you.

似乎像你一样的人有很多。

5. PennyLeonard, you’re up. Wasserman, you’re on deck.

Leonard,该你了,冷笑话先生,你下一个。

解析:

On deck:准备就绪;在甲板上;准备就绪的;下一个将轮到的

例:

They have to sleep on deck.

他们不得不睡在甲板上。

Everything was on deck, and remains to be checked.

一切准备就绪,等待被检验。

Are you ready? You are on deck.

你准备好了吗?下一个就到你了。


6. Howard: Oh me? No thanks, I’m good. I’m really just trying not to burst into flames.

哦我?不用谢谢,我其实是怕被火烧成灰烬。

解析:

Burst into flames:烧成灰烬,突然着火;燃烧起来

Burst into:闯入

例:

Plastic bags suddenly burst into flames.

塑料袋突然间燃烧起来。

He burst into the classroom, interrupting the class.

他冲进了教室,打断了这堂课。


相关推荐

雅思口语考试需要注意那些问题?看这些就明......

大神级别四级英语学习经验,分数600+不......

雅思培训班报哪家比较好?一般是怎么收费的......

雅思英语是什么?雅思英语培训哪家好?