1. -I don’t believe it. They put him up to it. I’ve been dropped into a nest of vipers.
-You have an alibi?
He usually dropped into his native language.
She has dropped into the habit of smoking.
The baby dropped into a deep sleep when her mother was singing.
The police doubted his alibi for the night and thought he fabricated it.
Citing the war on terrorism is the best alibi to get rid of being suspected.
That separating is good for you became the alibi of ending the relationship.
2. Until I walk amongst you again as a free man, the grand Budapest remains in your hands, as does its impeccable reputation. Keep it spotless and glorify it. As if I were watching over you like a hawk with a horse whip in its talons, because I am.
Don’t whip in while others are talking. It is impolite.
The nomads whipped the ship in when they scattered.
He drove a carriage, with whip in hand.
3. -He is too honest.
-Too honest, you say? Tight, well, be that as it may. Find him quick and make it snappy.
Make it snappy：干脆点，赶紧
Don’t waste our time, make it snappy！
You have to make it snappy, or you will be late for the meeting.
Could you make it snappy? I don’t have much time for you.
4. We did not have 50 Klubecks between the two of us. No one knew, of course, but then, who would have cared? We were each completely on our own in the world, and we were deeply in love.
5. -Who are you working for? I thought you’re supposed to be our lawyer.
-Well, in point of fact, I’m the executor of the estate. In this particular situation, I represent the deceased
In point of fact：事实上，实际上
In point of fact, he doesn’t want to get divorce.
In point of fact, what I learnt from you is no just you taught.
You thought what you saw was true, but in point of fact, it was just illusion.
6. - Just wrap it up and don’t make waves. Agreed?
-I’m an attorney. I’m obligated to proceed according to the rule of law.
Anyone who makes waves there will be fired right away.
Life can be one big toilet, so far all our sakes, don’t make waves.
She has ever made waves in politics, but retreated after marriage.
（2）be obligated to：负……责任的，有……义务的
As a monitor, you are obligated to supervise other classmates.
People who work for our country are obligated to keep secret of state.
We are obligated to support our parents.