1. I do not want my brain connected with someone else.
我不想我的大脑和任何人连在一起。
解析:
Connect with:连接,与……联系
例:
Could you figure out how this article connected with that one.
你能明白这篇文章和另一篇有什么联系吗?
Acadsoc provides a platform to study for people who want to learn English by connecting with the internet.
阿卡索通过连接互联网为英语学习者提供学习平台。
The website gave people an opportunity to express themselves and connect with one other.
这个网站给了人们一个表达自我,联系他人的机会。
Connect with your friends frequently.
要经常和朋友联系。
英语外教培训课免费体验:http://www.acadsoc.com.cn/lps/lp-tutor/mix-tutor.htm?search=350982
2. I know you insist to be true, so you do not waste the time of your life as a fan of Kaiju. But it would not work.
我知道你的坚持是对的,所以别把你的生命浪费在迷恋怪兽上,但是这一切不会有什么好效果。
解析:
(1)Insist:坚持,坚持认为(常与on、upon连用)
例:
He insists on being present tomorrow.
他坚持明天一定要出席。
The man insisted on his innocence.
这个男人坚持认为自己是被冤枉的。
You can do it if you insist.
如果你坚持的话就可以做到。
(2)waste:浪费,挥霍钱财,废物
例:
Don’t make any explanation to him. You are wasting your breath.
别向他做任何解释,浪费唇舌。
I have no money for you to waste, so just buy what you really need.
我没有太多的钱让你挥霍,所以买你真正需要的东西。
She thought that was a complete waste of time.
他觉得这完全是在浪费时间。
(3)work:起作用,运作
例:
She planned to dress this skirt to cover her rotund waistline, but it doesn’t work.
她本打算穿上这件裙子遮住圆润的腰身,但是没什么用。
The new machine works very well.
新机器运转的很好。
The medicine doesn’t work at all with my coldness.
药物对我的感冒毫无作用。
3. Fortune favors the brave on, buddy.
幸运之神总是降临到勇于创新的人身上。
解析:
(1)Fortune:财富,命运,运气
例:
Your fortune will drain away if you can’t run the company well.
如果你经营不善,财富终将外流。
Many people became the slaver of fame and fortune.
许多人沦了名誉和运气的奴隶。
He has good fortune that everyone want.
他有着让人羡慕的好运气。
(2)favor:赞成,喜欢,好感
例:
Can’t you do me a favor in front of my friends.
在我朋友面前,你就不能给我点面子吗?
All of people there favor your proposition.
所有在成的人都赞成你的主张。
Kids are in favor of candy.
孩子们都喜欢糖果。
4. But later, while serving as a pilot, you will know that in a battle you have to make a decision.
但是你以后就会知道,作为一个飞行员,有时候的情况你必须做出抉择。
解析:
Make a decision:做决定
例:
You really need to think over before you make a decision.
在你做决定前,你需要好好想想。
Leaving or staying here, you make a decision on your own.
是去是留,你自己决定。
You’d better consult with your parents. After all, you are making an important decision.
你最好和你父母商量一下,毕竟,这是一个重要的决定。
5. As the Ageva hope, we end our time, we’ve chosen not only believe in ourselves, but in each other! Today we’ll face monsters out of our door, today, we are canceling the apocalypse!
抓住这最后的希望,我们已经没有时间了,我们不仅选择相信我们自己,也选择相信彼此!今天我们直面来袭的怪兽们,今天我们要消灭末日预言!
6. There are things you can’t fight – cats of God. You see a hurricane coming. You get out of the way. But when you’re in a Jaeger, you can finally fight the hurricane. You can win.
那些上帝的举动。譬如你看到飓风来临,你能做的就是逃跑。但当你在操控机甲猎人,你就可以和飓风搏击,而且你还会取胜。
解析:
Get out of:逃脱,解脱
get out of the way: 逃开,避开
例:
He can’t get out of the fear of the war.
他无法从战争的恐惧中解脱出来。
What do you think you can get out of him?
你认为你从他那里能得到什么?
The man got out of the jail twenty years later.
这个男人在20年后终于走出了监狱。
I have to get out of the way. A car almost crashed me.
我不得不躲开,一辆车差点冲向我。