《当幸福来敲门》精彩台词解析

2018-06-05 17:08阿卡索英语

1. I met my father for the first time when I was 28 years old. And I made up my mind as a young kidthat when I had children my children were gonna know who their father was.

我第一次见到我的父亲时,已经28岁,我儿时就决定,将来我有了孩子,我的孩子一定得知道他们的父亲是谁。

解析

1For the first time:首次,初次,破天荒头一遭

例:

It is nature that you feel nervous when you give your lecture in such important occasion for the first.

第一次在这么重要的场合演讲,你感到紧张也是自然的。

I will never forget the scene we met for the first time.

我绝不会忘记我们第一次见面的场景。

It occurs to me that I came here for the first time.

我突然想起自己第一次来到这个地方时候的情景。

For the first time, he asked me to have dinner together.

破天荒头一次,他请我共进晚餐。

2make up one’s mind:下定决心

例:

Once you make up your mind, you should start immediately.

一旦你下定决心,就应该立刻着手。

You can make up your mind about tomorrow’s schedule according to a dice.

你可以通过投骰子决定明天的行程。

Reluctance or an inability to make up our mind will make you indecisive.

犹豫不决,举棋不定都会让你变得优柔寡断。

2. That’s mine. There’s no parking near hospitals. That’s what happens when you’re always in a rush.

那是我的车,医院附近不准停车,赶时间的结果就是这样。

解析

1no parking:禁止停车;不准停车

例:

“No parking”, reads the sign.

禁止停车,牌子上面写道。

Don’t you see the sign “No touching”.

你没看到牌子上面写得请勿触摸的字样吗?

People can’t smoke in the “no smoking” area.

人们不能在“禁止抽烟”的区域抽烟。

2in a rush:急急忙忙,急速地

例:

They came in with a rush.

他们一哄而入。

Everyone working here is in a rush. I doubt that they never stop that.

每个在这儿工作的人都匆匆忙忙,我都怀疑他们从不休止。

Finding what he wants, he left the room in a rush.

找到他想要的东西,他急忙地离开这个房间。

3. I’ve been sitting there for the last half-hourtrying to come up with a story that would explain my being here dressed like this. And I wanted to come up with a story that would demonstrate qualities that I’m sure you all admire here, like earnestness or diligence, team-playing, something.

我在外面做了半个多小时,一直想编出个理由,向你们解释我这身打扮出现的原因。想变出个故事说明我身上,拥有你们所欣赏的优点,像诚实,勤奋,团队精神等等。

解析

Come up with:提出,想出,赶上

例:

We will come up with some new suggestions before tonight.

我们将在今晚之前提出新的建议。

I came up with them when they were rounding the corner.

他们在拐弯的时候,我赶上了他们。

The expert came up with a new problem about the black hole.

这个专家针对黑洞提出了一个新的问题。

4. Don’t ever let somebody tell you you can’t do something. Not even me. You got a dreamyou gotta protect it. People can’t do it. If you want something, go get it.

别让别人告诉你你成不了事,即使是我也不行。如果有梦想的话,就阿婆起捍卫它。哪些一事无成的人,想告诉你你也成不了大器。有理想的话,就要去努力实现。

在线外教一对一英语口语课程免费体验:http://www.acadsoc.com.cn/lps/lp4.htm?search=350982

5. So basically, you want nobody’s hand in your pockets but your own? Are you familiar with tax-free municipal?

也就是说,除了你自己,不想让别人的手伸进你口袋。听过免税国债券吗?

解析

Be familiar with:了解,通晓

例:

You must be familiar with the operating principle before you use it.

你在使用它的之前必须足够了解它的运作原理。

I was familiar with the Taylor formula.

我对泰勒公式很了解。

6. -We can go back to the cave if you like.

你要是愿意的话,我们可以回那个山洞去住。

-No, thank you.

不用了,谢谢

-why not?

为什么不?

-because some things are fun the first time you do them and then not so much the next.

因为有些事情第一次做兴致盎然,之后再重复就索然无味了。

相关推荐

雅思口语考试需要注意那些问题?看这些就明......

大神级别四级英语学习经验,分数600+不......

雅思培训班报哪家比较好?一般是怎么收费的......

雅思英语是什么?雅思英语培训哪家好?