《生活大爆炸》S05E07学习笔记(10)

2018-06-05 18:38阿卡索英语

免费试听在线一对一英语培训课程:http://www.acadsoc.com.cn/lps/bec/bec.htm?search=350982

《生活大爆炸》S05E0710)学习笔记

1.SheldonThat one was clever. Skeleton with phosphorous on a zip line. Come on out, merry pranksters. Take a bow.

这个好不错,用吊索牵引着发磷光的骨头架子。出来吧,捣蛋鬼们,该谢幕了。

解析:

Take a bow:鞠躬答谢;谢幕;爱情闭幕

例:

Actors stand out together and take a bow.

演员们集体站了出来,然后谢幕。

Sooner or later, race will always step forward and take a bow.

迟早有一天,种族会不断走上前去向大家鞠躬谢幕的。

I gave you all my love, but what you returned is cheating, now take a bow.

我给了你我全部的爱,而你汇报的只是欺骗,现在这段爱情该谢幕了。

Bow one’s thanks:鞠躬致谢

2. Howard: Come on, admit it. We got you, Sheldon.

得了吧,承认吧,我们吓到你了,Sheldon

Sheldon: please, fright depends on an element of surprise.

拜托,受惊是要建立在意外的基础上。

解析:

Depend on:取决于;依赖;依靠

例:

The whole family depends on him for living.

整个家靠他一个人生活。

Going out or staying at home depends on the weather.

出去还是呆在家里取决于天气。

Let me deal with it if you can depend on me.

如果你可以信赖我的话就交给我处理。

3. SheldonDroll. 真可笑

Howard: not as droll as a grown man passed out in a puddle of his own urine.

那也没有一个成年人晕倒在他自己的尿液中可笑。

解析:

Pass out:昏倒,失去知觉;分发;离去;醉的不省人事;死去

例:

She passed out after hearing the bad news.

听到这个噩耗她晕了过去。

Drinking too much, the man passed out.

这个男人喝得太多了,醉的不省人事。

It is forbidden to pass out the advertising leaflets here.

这儿禁止发传单。

4. Sheldon: nothing. It’s not suspicious that I’m fixating. It’s consistent with my personality.

没什么,我专注一件事没什么可疑的,我一直都是这样的性格。

解析:

Be consistent with:与……一致;符合

例:

What you did should be consistent with what you said.

你的言行应该保持一致。

Your idea is consistent with the mainstream value of society.

你的想法符合社会主流价值观。

His fingerprints are consistent with what the police found in crime scene completely.

他的指纹和警察在犯罪现场发现的完全吻合。

备注:fixating : fixate的现在分词,专注,注视

5. Sheldon: On your way home, will you pick up some orange juice?

回家的时候能不能买点橙汁?

Leonard: do you mind? I’m questioning a lot of things in my life right now.

饶了我吧?我正对我生活中的很多事情进行质疑。

解析:

Pick up: 捡起;获得;收拾;不费力地学会

例:

I picked up Chinese when I travel there.

我在去中国旅游的时候学会中文。

I will pick you up at ten o’clock.

我十点的时候来接你。

Pick up some fruits on your way home.

回家的时候顺便买点水果。

备注:do you mind:请不要这样好不好?表示愤怒

6. Sheldon: It just occurred to me that I never formally congratulated you on your pending nuptials. So I hopped on the first bus and hightailed it down here to shake your hand.

我突然想起来,对于你即将到来的婚礼,我还没有正式地祝贺过你呢。所以我跳上了第一辆巴士,然后跳下车一路奔过来和你握手。

解析:

It occurs to me:我突然想起

It occurs to sb that:想到

例:

It occurs to me what we should do.

我突然想到我们应该做些什么。

It occurs to him that the washing machine was broken until he plans to wash his cloth.

直到他打算洗衣服的时候才想起洗衣机坏掉了。


相关推荐

雅思口语考试需要注意那些问题?看这些就明......

大神级别四级英语学习经验,分数600+不......

雅思培训班报哪家比较好?一般是怎么收费的......

雅思英语是什么?雅思英语培训哪家好?