1. I met my father for the first time when I was 28 years old. And I made up my mind as a young kid…that when I had children… my children were gonna know who their father was.
（1）For the first time：首次，初次，破天荒头一遭
It is nature that you feel nervous when you give your lecture in such important occasion for the first.
I will never forget the scene we met for the first time.
It occurs to me that I came here for the first time.
For the first time, he asked me to have dinner together.
（2）make up one’s mind：下定决心
Once you make up your mind, you should start immediately.
You can make up your mind about tomorrow’s schedule according to a dice.
Reluctance or an inability to make up our mind will make you indecisive.
2. That’s mine. There’s no parking near hospitals. That’s what happens when you’re always in a rush.
“No parking”, reads the sign.
Don’t you see the sign “No touching”.
People can’t smoke in the “no smoking” area.
（2）in a rush：急急忙忙，急速地
They came in with a rush.
Everyone working here is in a rush. I doubt that they never stop that.
Finding what he wants, he left the room in a rush.
3. I’ve been sitting there for the last half-hour…trying to come up with a story that would explain my being here dressed like this. And I wanted to come up with a story that would demonstrate qualities… that I’m sure you all admire here, like earnestness or diligence, team-playing, something.
Come up with：提出，想出，赶上
We will come up with some new suggestions before tonight.
I came up with them when they were rounding the corner.
The expert came up with a new problem about the black hole.
4. Don’t ever let somebody tell you… you can’t do something. Not even me. You got a dream…you gotta protect it. People can’t do it. If you want something, go get it.
5. So basically, you want nobody’s hand in your pockets but your own? Are you familiar with tax-free municipal…?
Be familiar with：了解，通晓
You must be familiar with the operating principle before you use it.
I was familiar with the Taylor formula.
6. -We can go back to the cave if you like.
-No, thank you.
-because some things are fun the first time you do them and then not so much the next.